+ Modern diapers come in a variety of shapes, including cloth diapers, cloth diapers, and cloth diapers.
+ A barrier cream is a topical formulation used in industrial applications and as a cosmetic to place a physical barrier between the skin and contaminants that may irritate the skin.
+ Three classes of barrier creams are used: water repellent creams, water-soluble creams, and creams designed for special applications.
+ Skin that has been moisturized by barrier cream may be more susceptible to irritation by sodium lauryl sulfate, which can permeate hydrated skin more easily because of its hydrophilia.
Best Diaper Rash Creams of 2020
1/ Desitin Diaper Rash Paste
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash
- Protect chafed skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness
- Relieves diaper rash discomfort from the very first use
- Creamy formula that glides on smoothly and wipes off easily
- Helps reduce redness and irritation of sensitive skin
- Forms a protective barrier on the skin
- Provides moisturization and emolliency to the skin
DESITIN® Daily Defense Cream instantly forms a protective layer on your baby’s skin to soothe and relieve rash discomfort, providing relief from the first use. This fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested creamy formula goes on smoothly and wipes off easily, making DESITIN® Daily Defense Cream your everyday partner in protecting against and treating diaper rash for relief your baby can feel.
2/ Magic Stick Magic Stick All Natural Diaper Ointment, Clear
Clean. Simple. Natural.
Made using natural ingredients (listed below) containing no petroleum products, Magic Stick is safe to use on baby’s delicate skin and perfect with cloth or disposable diapers. The no-mess applicator makes sure the balm goes just where it needs to.
- 2 ounces
- Use a light layer to protect baby’s skin from wetness
- Safe to use for minor skin irritation
- Made with natural ingredients
To Use: Use as needed with diaper changes and at night before bed. Apply to clean, dry skin.
3/ Boudreaux’s Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment, 16 oz.
The original pharmacist-formulated Butt Paste® helps treat and prevent diaper rash with every changing.
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash
- Starts relieving diaper rash discomfort on contact
- 16% zinc oxide
- FREE FROM: dyes, preservatives, parabens and talc
- Pediatrician-recommended brand
- Change wet and soiled diaper immediately
- Cleanse the diaper area and allow to dry
- Apply ointment liberally and as often as necessary with each diaper change and especially when exposed to wet diapers for a prolonged period of time, such as bedtime
4/ Earth Mama Organic Diaper Balm
Now 100% organic! Chubby and dimpled? Yes. Red and irritated? No. Being a brand new human is tough — so diaper cream should be as gentle as it is effective. And while we’re calling this Organic Diaper Balm, it’s so much more. Think extraordinarily soothing calendula diaper balm, so your baby’s bum can stay the way it’s meant to be: chubby-soft and cheerful-cheeked!
A QUICK HOW-TO
Just apply a thin coat to the diaper area after each change and bath. Also? Organic Diaper Balm doubles as a multi-tasking skin salve. Feel free to use it from top to bottom for everyone in the family. Slather as needed, seal it with a kiss* and send ‘em on their way.
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation.
- NO petroleum, parabens or artificial fragrance.
- Rated ONE on the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, the lowest hazard rating a product can achieve.
- The only non-vegan ingredient? Organic beeswax — that’s been ethically sourced in a bee-centric manner.
- Chosen by hospitals for even the most fragile NICU babies.
- Cloth diapering? You can make homemade baby wipes too!
- Just what causes a diaper rash? Here’s a handy checklist to help you get to the bottom of it!
- Wondering what else to use Organic Diaper Balm for? Find other “off the box” alternative uses here!
5/ Cetaphil Baby Diaper Cream, 2.5 oz.
Cetaphil Baby Diaper Cream: Created with your little one’s delicate skin in mind. This easy-to-apply diaper cream helps to soothe by creating an emollient layer to shield from wetness. It is specially formulated with soothing organic calendula extract, derived from the marigold flower and used for centuries to soothe dry, sensitive skin.
- Quickly soothes
- Contains soothing organic calendula extract
- With Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E
- Paraben free
- Colorant free
- Mineral Oil free
- Dermatologist tested